Post #3:shape, Scale, Color

 Blog #3

Shape:

    The major shapes that are shown through my character is the triangle and the square/rectangle. The main body and and the two pieces of clothes on the side of my character have the shape of a triangle/Square representing them. The arms, legs, and head I found were some what represented by triangle. 

My picture: 



Scale:

    Based on the reading, it lists many different ways that the scale of your character may be explained such as the questions about expression, the importance of realistic movement, the silliness and seriousness of your game, and the visual angle of your game (Sivers). The idea in which my character is to base on scale is that the more pacts that he successfully carries out can determine if he and his power grow larger, and the creatures he turns into pay be bigger than his original form. In addition, because he doesn't have much of a face, expression is not shown to well in this type of game. He is also not always going to be the same size as the buildings around him especially not at the beginning of the game.

Picture of character at beginning (Shoe vs character size): 



Color:

    In my drawing of my character I decided to draw him blue based on his concept and the way he uses his power to carry out the tasks he undertakes. He uses the power he has to use the water around him to take the form of animals of the night by activating the backpack that channels his power and allows him to have good control as a spirit. I use darker colors to show were his shadow lies and brighter color where the moon of sun hits part of his body.

My character colored:  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 1: Uncanny Valley & Sketches

Blog #2: High Concept and Map